#Quarantined Nurse Who Helped #Ebola Patients being Mistreated and Kept in Animalistic Conditions in New Jersey.

Hickox is the first person quarantined under a strict new policy enacted by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. The 21-day quarantine order followed news that a New York doctor who had recently returned from treating Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the disease. Hickox was quarantined on Friday after flying into Newark Liberty International Airport from Sierra Leone, where she had been working with Doctors Without Borders treating Ebola patients. She has been placed under isolation since then despite testing negative for Ebola.
Culled from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/26/kaci-hickox-quarantine_n_6050312.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
View image on Twitter
"To quarantine everyone, in case, you know, when 
you cannot predict who may develop Ebola or not, 
and to make me stay for 21 days, to not be with my 
family, to put me through this emotional and 
physical stress, is completely unacceptable," Hickox
 told Crowley. She added, "I feel like my basic human 
rights have been violated."  
She described her current conditions as like a 
"prison", saying that she is being kept in a tent 
within a building outside the hospital. She has a 
hospital bed and "a port-a-potty type restroom."
 Hickox said that she has "no shower facilities" and
 "no connection with the outside world except my 
iPhone which I insisted that I brought with me when
 I arrived late Friday night."
"I heard from my mother last night who called me concerned and said, Governor Christie just said in an interview that you were quote-unquote 'obviously ill'. And this is so frustrating to me. First of all, I don’t think he's a doctor. And secondly, he's never laid eyes on me. And thirdly, I have been asymptomatic since I've been here. I feel physically completely strong and emotionally completely exhausted. But for him to say I'm 'obviously ill', which is even a strange thing, that, what does that mean? Someone define that for me, because I think I don’t quite understand what 'obviously ill' means."View image on Twitter



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Pictures From #American Music Awards Show!!! Including Those who can't dress their Age, 50 Going on 17 years, Lol.. Be my Guest and Judge for Yourself!! My Fashion Police...!

Did Kim Kardashian accidentally announce that she's expecting a second child with #KanyeWest? That is the question for the day. See North West's Halloween Dress!!!